When it comes to networking, a lot of people get the wrong idea. Some think that if they are an introvert, they can’t network, but that is not true.
Here are some other networking myths.
- It’s always done in formal settings and feels forced and awkward.
- It only works for those with clear career goals.
- You only network when seeking employment.
Often things seem so complicated that we look like a deer in the headlights. Let’s take a look at some simple ways to make our lives less complicated.
- Stop thinking that you have to be perfect. Once you admit you are a work in progress, things become less complicated and less stressful.
- Stop spending time with negative people. We pick who we want to spend our time outside of the office. Make it count.
- Admit that you have no control over others. You can only control your actions. We often run around trying to change others.
- Be productive, not busy. There is a difference. We often are running around, but are we achieving accomplishments?
- Admit, you cannot do everything. We often have good intentions, but you know what they say about good intentions.