- Be conscious of your social media image.
Social media is usually the first place sought to find out more about you.
- Let people know that you are seeking employment.
It is sometimes hard to share that you are seeking a job, but we all have contacts that may help.
- Be prepared to answer the What’s In It For Me (WIFM)
Companies will want to know this when considering whether they should hire you.
- Consider growing industries.
If an industry is growing, there will be more employment opportunities.
- Don’t let the actual job hunt scare you.
Once you realize that looking for a job is work, you’ll be better at the process.
When it comes to networking, a lot of people get the wrong idea. Some think that if they are an introvert, they can’t network, but that is not true. Here are some other networking myths. It’s always done in formal settings and feels forced and awkward. It only works...