- Be conscious of your social media image.
Social media is usually the first place sought to find out more about you.
- Let people know that you are seeking employment.
It is sometimes hard to share that you are seeking a job, but we all have contacts that may help.
- Be prepared to answer the What’s In It For Me (WIFM)
Companies will want to know this when considering whether they should hire you.
- Consider growing industries.
If an industry is growing, there will be more employment opportunities.
- Don’t let the actual job hunt scare you.
Once you realize that looking for a job is work, you’ll be better at the process.
Job Search Tips Often Forgotten
There is so much advice for job searchers, and much of the advice is industry or position-specific. However, there are some things that can be done, no matter the type of job you are seeking. Customize Your Resume Many job seekers use a generic resume that may not...