- Be conscious of your social media image.
Social media is usually the first place sought to find out more about you.
- Let people know that you are seeking employment.
It is sometimes hard to share that you are seeking a job, but we all have contacts that may help.
- Be prepared to answer the What’s In It For Me (WIFM)
Companies will want to know this when considering whether they should hire you.
- Consider growing industries.
If an industry is growing, there will be more employment opportunities.
- Don’t let the actual job hunt scare you.
Once you realize that looking for a job is work, you’ll be better at the process.
There is so much advice for job searchers, and much of the advice is industry or position-specific. However, there are some things that can be done, no matter the type of job you are seeking. Customize Your Resume Many job seekers use a generic resume that may not...